Information we may collect about you
You are free to browse our website without disclosing any personal information to us.
When you access the site, or contact us, or when you register with us, book events or purchase products from us, we may collect and process the following information:
- a) Personal information about you that you provide when you contact us or register and shop with us. This includes your first and last name and title, your billing address, delivery address, your company details (if any) and contact information such as your telephone number and email address;
- b) Information we may collect about your visits to our website and any emails or calls you make to us. We may monitor these for the purposes of quality control and to improve the service we offer. The technical data we collect includes the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information to our site, browser and operating system details, the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) details, events and products you viewed or searched for, webpage interaction information, browsing methods and any phone number or email address you use to contact us;
- c) We work closely with business partners (including, for example, those providing technical, payment and delivery services, analytics providers, search information providers and credit reference agencies) and we may receive information about you from them.
Security and the processing of your personal information
At Elixan we understand that security is an important concern for you when purchasing on-line. Information you give us will be stored securely on our systems and we use sophisticated technology to ensure that all your personal and payment details remain confidential. We do not store payment card details and we use PayPal to handle payment transactions via secure payment pages. PayPal receives information about you from us needed to verify and authorise your payment, and is obliged to comply with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) and to keep all of your personal information private.
Elixan complies with all applicable Data Protection and consumer legislation. Our security technologies and procedures are regularly reviewed to ensure that they are up to date and effective. For further verification look for the padlock symbol in your browser window as you proceed through the order and payment process.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted to or from our website. Any transmission is at your own risk and you should ensure that any payment transactions you make are made in a secure environment. You should keep confidential any personal security codes and passwords, and comply with any instructions that we may give you in order to keep such details confidential and safe.
Using your information
We may use information about you in the following ways:
- a) To improve our products, services and website, and ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner.
- b) To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, and which we feel may interest you where you have asked or consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- c) To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- d) To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- e) To notify you about changes to our products and services.
- f) For our own market research purposes (for example to invite you to provide us with feedback on our products and services).
- g) To administer our site and for internal operations including trouble-shooting, security purposes, data analysis, testing and statistical survey purposes.
If you do not want us to use your personal or company contact data for our marketing purposes or to send you details about special offers, third parties or other information which we think may be of interest to you, please contact us or tick the relevant box when we collect your data or use the unsubscribe facility in our communications.
Disclosing your information
We may disclose your personal data to third parties if:
- a) We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to enforce our terms and conditions, or to protect our rights and property or our safety and that of our customers and third parties. This includes exchanging information with other organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- b) If Elixan is involved in a sale or purchase of a business or assets, in which case personal data about our customers may need to be disclosed to the buyer or seller.
Your rights and control of your information
You have the right to, at any time:
- a) Access the information we hold about you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Any access request may be subject to a small fee to cover our costs.
- b) Ask for your information to be corrected or updated.
- c) Ask us to remove your information from our records.
- d) Tell us if you do not want us to use your information for our own direct marketing purposes. We expressly do not pass your personal data on to third parties for direct marketing purposes.
To do this, you can tick / untick the appropriate box on the form(s) we use to collect your information or by using the unsubscribe facility or by contacting us via the Contact Us page on the website.
Our website may contain links to and from the websites of our business partners and other third party sites of interest over which we have no direct control. If you follow a link to any of these websites, you will have left our site and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy of any information you provide whilst visiting such sites. You should check the sites carefully before you submit any personal data to them.
We use the following types of cookie:
- a) Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website and to use a shopping cart.
- b) Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences.
- c) Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. Some of these are third party cookies which analyse website usage.
- d) Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. This information is anonymous and cannot identify you personally, but we may share it with third parties to help tailor advertising to your particular interests.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|Google Analytics||_dc_gtm_UA-61160482-1 (this is the doubleclick cookie that is used to provide you with the socio-demo data)|
_ga (ga cookie)
|Elixan uses Google Analytics’ 1st party cookies with DoubleClick’s 3rd party cookies together to provide additional information on demographics and interests in our Google Analytics reporting.|
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
|Click here for an overview of privacy at Google|
These cookie are essential for our site to speed up your searches, recognise you when you return to our site, actions you take on the site and any products you previously entered into your basket etc.
You can block cookies by activating settings on the website browser that you are using. However, if you use the settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to fully access all areas of our website.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.